Thursday, November 15, 2012

Nina's wedding stationary

One of my oldest friends, Nina, is getting married this summer and as her wedding gift I am designing her wedding stationary! 


Nina and I grew up together at the beach and I was not at all surprised when she told me that the ceremony would be on the beach near Long Island Sound. She asked that the stationary be casual, whimsical and somehow incorporate succulent plants, as she would be decorating the reception with succulents.

Based on some inspiration from her Pinterest account, I started drawing letters and created a little water color painting of a succulent plant.


The illustration didn't quite capture the succulence of the plants, and when I showed Nina the gorgeous font, Leitura Swashes, by Dino dos Santos, any attempt to draw more appropriate letters seemed absurd. I simplified the design and created a complementary lace-like pattern (did I mention that the reception will be held in a lace factory?) and voilà!

Here is a sneak peek of the save the dates:


No comments:

Post a Comment