Tuesday, February 21, 2012

lost credits

I have a big issue with sites such as Tumblr, Ffffound and Pinterest. As much as I love inspiration boards and sharing images, I find it incredibly frustrating when I cannot find any information at all about a particular image. While perusing photos of houses on ffffound.com today I am unable to find the architect, location or even photographer of a single photograph. I imagine most people would agree that this is a problem but I don't know what the solution is: include photo credits in the file name? Still, other information is lost; cite the source of a photo when you share it? I know a lot of people who do this consistently, but not everyone. Once an image is shared without a link to its source, finding its origins becomes exponentially more difficult.

People deserve to be credited for their work and patrons deserve to know whose work they're admiring.

On that note, these houses are beautiful and if someone could tell me something about them I would be grateful.


4 comments:

  1. first image: durbach block jaggers architects
    second image: olson kundig architects

    did you know with google images you can upload a photo and it will find it for you? it's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie! Amazing! I did not know that. This changes everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how I didn't know that but this changes my entire web-surfing experience. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's life changing. doesn't always give the right answer first, but it will lead you to it.

    ReplyDelete